Monday, May 28, 2012
The good, the bad & the future
So, what went well???
1. Having a 120 min reading block & a 90 min math block: This is the first year I have had both of these, and I really think it is why my students did so well. I feel like this is the first year I was able to successfully have centers in both too.
2. The clip chart behavior system: Having an option for students who are doing good was a new one for me, but I can totally see the benefits. My kids ate it up!!!
What didn't work out...
1. My team- I love them (honestly), but it sometimes felt like we weren't in sync. We have had a lot of changes, so I am hoping that next year will be better.
2. Getting copies ready: Does anyone have a system for this? I felt 2 steps behind all year when it came to having them done.
My summer to-do list:
1. Organize my pinterest boards. Right now they are a hot mess!
2. Organize my laptop & take it to get it cleaned. Does your district do this too?
3. Create my long-term units for the year for reading. I would also like to get a skeleton plan set up until at least Christmas.
4. Create new testing folders
5 Create new posters for my room (literary devices, etc)
6. Create my tri-folds for reading for at least the first 9 weeks of school.
7. Work on our team newsletter, policies, etc.
8. Clean my entire house!!! I want to steam clean, paint, and organize
and relax a little too :)
and a million other things :)
So what are your plans for this summer??? Check out this great linky party : Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher Linky Party