Thursday, June 28, 2012

Packing, New Notebook & a Few Awards

So, I am 99.9% packed... as I have mentioned- I leave tomorrow for the NEA conference in DC.  I am super excited, but have waited until the last minute to pack (which isn't like me).  I always feel like I pack too much, but don't really know what I want to wear until I get there.   Then again, I am also afraid I will forget something.  My evening has been spent checking and rechecking my bags.  Hopefully I'm prepared.  Bringing my brand new notebook for the year:


















along with my reading scope & sequence to look at during the drive and make my outline for the year as well as this book...

I have tried to read it allll summer.  What is wrong with me???  I am sure it is a great book.  My goal is to read it and complete an outline on it while I am gone so I am ready for next year.

This is the new planner I bought for next school year at Walmart... Trying to talk myself out of an Erin Condren planner... even when they go on sale for $25 my cheap self just can't spend that kind of $$.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been given a few awards... and I am so thankful that others out there like what I post.  The midnight oil is burning, so instead of posting my 15 people now, I will do that later and instead wanted to say thank you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Here are my 7 facts...
1.  My name is pretty unique.  That is one of the reasons why I haven't 100% shared it with the blogging world.  Very few people spell it the way I do.

2.  I have always known how to read... since I was about 18 months old (maybe earlier).  Reading has always been easy for me- I also can speed read, which freaks people out.  Math on the other hand was a struggle.  My teachers weren't always the greatest (In fact, my fourth grade teacher told my mom that I read too much... yep!  What???).  That is one of the reasons why I teach today. 

3.  I am the first person in my family to graduate... yep.  Something I am pretty proud of.  About to start working on my EDS.  I try and pass my love of learning on to my students. 

4.  I am rarely satisfied... always looking to improve things or to do something better.  Drives me a little crazy sometimes.  I also love to organize and go through phases where I get obsessed with things (anyone else do that???)

5.  I have been married for 13 years... to my high school sweetheart.  Love him!

6.  I have 2 cats- no children yet, but my cats are like my babies.

7.  I have a beautiful niece and nephew- they are such great kids.  My nephew starts Kindergarten this year and I hope he loves school like my niece does. 

Check out their awesome blogs!!! 





Success in Second Grade




Photobucket






Thank you for my lovely awards!

3 comments:

  1. Love your notebook! I am thinking about making one for myself this year. Reading since 18 months old? That is awesome! I need to ask my parents when I started reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Erin Condren planner's are amazing and worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenzi- Thanks for sharing! I am so impressed by people that "break the mold" and are the first to graduate in their families. You are SO special!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete